#9306879, By beastmaster Rate the last film you watched out of 100

• beastmaster 20 Jan 2013 14:55:45 10,181 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Django Unchained - 8/10

Very violent, very bloody and very entertaining film from Quentin Tarantino that proves he's still one of the best directors out there.

The plot involves a German bounty hunter who teams up with a slave to help rescue the slave's wife from a brutal plantation owner.

Whilst not quite as good as Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs, this is probably his third best film. A lot less talk than the usual Tarantino film and a lot more action. The almost three hour running time files by. Although the plot is somewhat stretched, it never overstays it's welcome.

The main characters are perfectly cast. Christoph Waltz is every bit as good in this film as he was in Inglourious Basterds. Jamie Foxx is excellent as Django too. However, the film is stolen by the bad guys again.

It's great to see Leonardo DiCaprio play a villain although he wasn't as OTT as I expected him to be. This goes to Samuel L. "mutherfucker" Jackson. He plays a barmy old bastard and is absolutely brilliant.

Anyone who's a bit squeamish should stay away though. This is definitely one of the most violent and bloody films I've seen in a while. When someone is shot, they are screaming in pain. Usually because they have a big hole in one of their body parts. Either that or they are being ripped apart by vicious dogs. Nasty!

It all looks and sounds wonderful. The cinematography is stunning and (as always) with Tarantino, the soundtrack is excellent. Having the Ennio Morricone score swell up in the build up to a shootout really gets you going.

A great film to see on a big screen and a great start to what looks to be an exceptional year, in terms of film quality.

Edited by beastmaster at 15:09:44 20-01-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.