#9214508, By beastmaster Rate the last film you watched out of 100

• beastmaster 9 Dec 2012 21:22:25 11,418 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    360 - 8.5/10

A cracking drama from the director of City Of God and The Constant Gardener. A set of intertwining stories where the various characters come together at various stages of the film. Like Babel but nowhere near as pretentious, plodding or as grim.

Pretty much a star studded cast from various counties, it reminded me a lot of Closer. Mainly as there is a lot of infidelity in the stories. Also Jude Law presence may have had something to do with it.

Most of the characters are pretty unlikeable but despite this the stories are compelling and you want to see how it all finishes. The acting is superb from everyone involved, especially Anthony Hopkins as a farther searching for his missing daughter.

The film is kind of cold but it that's not a bad thing in this case. The few characters that have heart and warmth actually stand out more.

I didn't know what to expect when the film first started. As it progresses, you get more star wattage as other actors and characters come into play. It also manages to come to a satisfying and kind of uplifting conclusion.

Well worth a watch if you fancy something other than the Hollywood blockbuster film.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.