#9028943, By Brave_Dave Rate the last film you watched out of 100

• Brave_Dave 24 Sep 2012 16:44:59 103 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    Prometheus

I still went in with high hopes despite the negative reviews and found it to be disappointing...
    Many issues just felt like Ridley ran out of time and couldn't wrap up all the stories he'd started...Maybe having a crew of 17 was a bit much? (Can't even remember some of them)...
    Like most I'll praise Fassbender's performance and think all others were pretty bad...
    Theron was wholly superfluous to the story and died in a way that suggest the audience should have grown to hate her, when it was merely indifference on my part...
    The two pilots sacrificing themselves along with the captain was too easy a decision..."We need to kill ourselves to win!","Sure!","No problem!"...
    The scientists are all some of the most idiotic and unscientific people around...
    "Hey, that's scary! I'm heading back to the ship through this maze without checking in regularly to let people know we're lost!"
    "Oh look! A mutant snake like thing! Let's pet it!"
    "Hey, it's getting late, where shall we sleep? Well what about the room where we found the decapitated head?"
    "Atmosphere reads as OK, I'm removing my helmet!"
    "Hey! That guy removed his helmet! Let's all do that!"
    "Hmm, an odd worm is digging it's way out of my eye, let's not tell anyone while I'm close to medical equipment..."
    "Hey! Your eyes are exploding! But I'll keep quiet because you're assuring me it's OK"
    "I need full quarantine procedures! (Five minutes later) What is this quarantine shit?!"
    (On encountering a huge alien species that may well have made humans) "What is your fucking problem?! Why do you hate us?!"

And that's just the scientists...

The Space Jockey actually being a suit around a humanoid is ridiculous for a variety of reasons IMO...

The wheel of death has been ridiculed already but deserved a mention...

The prologue still makes no sense (maybe that's for the sequel?)...

The idea that someone can talk anyone (especially someone without flight training) through flying an alien interstellar vessel is idiotic...

Anyway, maybe I'm overanalysing everything, and it does look gorgeous, but it was disappointing overall...
    So, pros: visuals, Fassbender, the abortion scene...
    Cons: the rest...

4/10
    QFT, no more Prometheus reviews needed now. Please C&P Acidsnakes words and quietly shuffle off :)