• chudders 16 Apr 2010 15:23:54 755 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    chudders wrote:
    The Descent 2 - 67%

Full of stupidity.

I'm still trying to decide if I thought it was ok....a week on :-/

Considering the guy who filmed the first one directed it, I didn't find it claustrophobic...and THAT is what scared me about the first. But I do like a good monster flick, despite the overuse of the camera jumpy device. And the dumb killings and the crap sheriff and...ok, 67% is a great score :-)

I was feeling quite generous this morning as the more I thought about it the more I think it was shit.

The odd thing is, I have no problem suspending my disbelief that there are white terrors roaming cave systems, but when people start doing stupid things like a rescue team actually using a disused, hundred-year-old mine elevator and taking untrained civilians with them, one of which is clearly traumatised, AND without informing anyone else, it really gets on my wick.

Horror films really work for me when I could take whatever the premise is and plonk it into my own world. But, when frankly baffling decisions are repeatedly made and unrealistic behaviours emerge it just ruins my enjoyment.

So there.