Fixxxer wrote:At present we don't have any 'cloud save' on the horizon for Android because we haven't sorted out anything from a licence/legal perspective with a site to do so and are still wary of the potential knock on effects to users themselves.
I've been saving my Google Play credit for just this occasion. Any chance of some kind of cloud save feature so that I can play the same game on my phone and tablet?
To explain this -
(1) There are 4 save game slots and 2 hidden save game slots - thats 6 saves in total.
(2) Each save is approximately 3.5Mb in size (can be a tad smaller or larger but generally thats about average) - ie. they're quite large compared to the save game for say a mobile arcade game or Angry Birds.
(3) Total sync per send then could be 14Mb.
Problems with this:
(1) On a mobile device using a phone network that could potentially cost people wadges of cash in data usage and/or be slow as heck (esp. if they sync multiple times a day).
I don't know what its like in the UK at present, but here in Florida its around $14.99/month for 250Mb of data, every Mb after that incurs additional cost ... at 14Mb per sync that 250Mb isn't going to last long.
(2) If you multiply the amount of data being synced by the number of users (hopefully presuming people like the game and purchase it ) then this could be truck loads of data flying around on a daily basis - hence its probably advisable to ensure that any potential site/solution is agreeable to us destroying their data center in advance (ie. we can't just pick a site and use it - that wouldn't be fair or right).
So in summary - one day I'd love to, but it might be a tad more complicated to integrate into the game itself than you'd first think.
(apologies for the geeky explanation - sometimes you can't avoid it)
In the meantime should however be able to manually share saves using the 'cloud/storage' system of your preference (DropBox?) just by transferring the save games from fmh2013_data/save_games ....