SClaw wrote:That is an interesting read.
This is an interesting read: http://john-smedley.livejournal.com/2412.html
I think there is something wrong with me, I got far too excited by..
1) Player Owned bases - we plan on releasing continents that are empty or partially empty where players can build their own bases. These are open world bases so others will be able to attack them. We're also planning on having these continents heavily resource based with new resource types that will be very rare..and lots of cool new stuff that can be built out of these new resources.This is by far the most exciting MMO with the most potential out there at the moment.
2) Harvestable resources - imagine SC II style resource harvesting with physical vehicles doing the mining or the harvesting.
3) Water between continents - seamlessly - this is really hard tech, but our goal is to make the whole planet seamless and allow water based vehicles.
4) Lots more vehicles and weapons - just what it sounds like. Many of these will take very rare resources to make.
5) NPC enemies - I don't want to call this PVE. That's not exactly what we have in mind. More like a global invasion that goes after everybody. This isn't a bunch of quest givers saying "go kill 10 rats" - this is bad ass aliens that want to gut you.
6) NPC armies - imagine as the commander of a base sending an NPC army towards another base MOBA style except it's in the middle of the Planetside 2. This isn't another game mode. It's all part of the same game.
7) Esports support - we plan on doing this pretty soon after launch. We plan on making this a big big thing and putting a lot of our resources behind it.
My only gripe is I think the payment model is a bit fucked at the moment, the whole system of how you gain upgrades needs a lot of work.
Edited by magicpanda at 11:50:52 30-11-2012