• themanfromdelmonte 7 Dec 2012 17:59:25 540 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    buggrit wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Any of you like/know The HAARP Machine?

http://sumerianrecords.com/artist/details/id:29/
    just got this as a promo, actually. I like some of it, but it suffers with the same issue as a lot of this sort of 'djent'/modern-progressive metal stuff, ie. those fucking weakening clean vocal sections. Overall a 3/5 for me.
    Ironically I liked the quiet bits, screaming sections were dull-ass 90's hardcore style imo.

Anyway you'll probably hate this, and I'm not sure if it's been posted before. Tesseract have had some troubles with vocalists but the new guy is phenomenal, they're getting more prog all the time, which is awesome. New track is one of the best I've heard all year:

Agreed, I'm sick of hearing bands with sub Slayer heaviness musically get a vocalist to scream his tits off like Barney Greenway, over it. There's a place for screaming and indeed all aggressive vocal styles, but when used in isolation they rob a vocal performance of dynamism.

I should like TeseracT, I like Periphery and Animals as Leaders. Also a lot of Proggy stuff and I;d certainly expect to like their more bass driven sound, but I just can't get into them.

I'm currently rocking the following.

Stolen Babies' There be squabbles ahead. (kind of like No Doubt crossed with Mister Bungle)
    Shaolin Death Squad's Five Deadly Venoms (an amalgamation of the best of 70s prog rock occasionally segueing into Mastodon and Mister Bungle)
    and Twelve Foot Ninja's debut album, Silent Machine (FNM, meets Skindred and Messhugah).