#5735935, By Heavy Rain

• Deleted user 21 January 2010 14:43:09
    crispyduckman wrote:
    schnide wrote:
    Oh right, sorry I didn't realise you had. I've played Fahrenheit and had exactly the same problems with that too, but clearly these are different games, but even then Fahrenheit set the world on fire in terms of both sales and clones.
    Fahrenheit didn't sell well and produced no clones that I can think of. Were you being sarcastic? Also, as far as I can remember, Fahrenheit didn't have branching storylines so what problems are you talking about?

Yes, it was sarcasm. I was trying to find a measure of success for Fahrenheit - I didn't personally didn't think it was very good at all, but then I think we're all painfully aware that games aren't commissioned on the basis of whether I like them or not. Not many people bought it, no-one thought it worthwhile to imitate.

It's only a basic rationale, one you could pick a number of holes in and nor would I claim you couldn't.

But looking on Metacritic the reviews were overwhelmingly good. That doesn't mean it's good, but clearly a lot of critics thought it was. And it probably helped to convince the suits at Sony to plough a hell of a lot of money into a PS3 version too.

I still don't see the point of it, and no-one's been able to explain it to me yet, but please keep on getting defensive about it, and if you like the idea of it then by all means buy and enjoy.