#9265509, By guts Moving to London

• guts 2 Jan 2013 22:33:21 1,690 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Woolwich, charlton, plumstead are all  mainly shot holes now. Woolwich is/has been 'redeveloped' but all they have really done is build nicer looking high rise flats.  As soon as a pub/cinema/bingo hall shuts down it is turned into one of those happy clappy speaking in tongues church that people remix with dub step and put on youtube.  Good places to go if you want your nails done, your hair cut or if you want to transfer money abroad.  You're better off moving a few miles further out and suffering south eastern rail services. My mate moved from a two bed flat in charlton to a three bed semi in welling. He now has an extra (box) room, his own driveway, rear garden and loft that has been made fit for a games room and is saving a couple of hundred quid per month as the rent is cheaper. I live a few miles further out and drive to work in plumstead and it is only a 20 min journey, including dropping missus at the station and daughter near school.  Missus works iat st Thomas hospital and endures south eastern railway, but still gets to work in a reasonable time.  I have always been a burb and always enjoyed having enough nightlife around, being close enough to major nightlife for it not to be too much of a chore and not have all the hustle and bustle if city life.

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.