#9344695, By craigy The 'Official' UFC appreciation thread

• craigy Staff 4 Feb 2013 10:07:55 7,835 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Isn't Cormier planning to move down to 205 after fighting Mir? He doesn't want to work towards a fight with Cain as they're team-mates.

Barnett could be a good fight for either Overeem or Silva, assuming that he does indeed rejoin the UFC. I'm not sure Dana White would want to give Barnett a high-profile fight against Overeem straight away. I can see him being spiteful and forcing Barnett to start at the bottom.

I don't think pairing JDS and Overeem together makes any sort of business sense -- it'll mean one of them would end up with two straight losses, which really damages their credibility as potential titles challengers. DW will want to protect both of them for the time being. I think Reem will be given a (relatively) easy fight to bounce back, and JDS will be put straight into a rematch with Cain.

Other thoughts!
    - Rashad has looked terrible for several fights now. He doesn't have fire in his belly any more.
    - Maia going straight for the takedown against Fitch was great. Shame he couldn't finish.
    - Now people have worked Edgar's approach out he doesn't have much to offer. If I was him I'd look to increase my strength, as he doesn't really hit hard enough to finish. He needs to avoid these five-round matches that he's prone to losing.