#9514455, By tincanrocket Space Sim appreciation thread

• tincanrocket 18 Apr 2013 16:20:45 3,005 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fellow spacecadets,

I've been mucking about with X3 Terran Conflict lately and have been playing around with adding a variety of Sci Fi multiverse ships into the game. None of the ships were made by me, and most of them came from links on the Egosoft forums - if you grab Cycrow's excellent package manager you should see the names of the authors, and you will need this program in order to add the ships to the game. Grab Cycrow's package manager from here.

What I've done is edit the ship files so that the new ships replace existing ones, and I have tried to balance the ships to the vanilla game, as far as possible. I've replaced the vanilla races with the following:

Argon - Battlestar Galactica Colonials, plus ships from Firefly, Space Above and Beyond, and a few Babylon 5 ships

Boron - The Dominion (well, kind of), which features non-Federation ships from Star Trek, such as Klingon, Cardassian, and Romulan ships

Paranid - The Empire from Star Wars, including TIE Fighters, Star Destroyers and stuff

Teladi - The Rebel Alliance from Star Wars, so X-Wings, Y-Wings, A-Wings and that kind of thing

Terran - The Federation from Star Trek

Xenon - The Cylons, so Raiders, Heavy Raiders, and Base Stars (not sure the Base Star is working properly)

Yaki - Random Star Wars ships that I had left over

The ships are all zipped up into individual folders for each race, and are generally clearly labelled, so you can pick and choose which ones you use. You might need to install them in smaller batches, rather than in bulk, but I can confirm that I have tested all of them and they are working with my (Steam) version of X:TC.

I had grand plans for modding the universe, re-naming planets, creating missions, and so on, and I *might* get around to doing that one day, but I thought I would share what I have done so far in case anyone fancies playing around with it. Let me know if you do, and if you have any tips for improving things.

Ships are available here as a rar archive (198MB)

Many thanks to Cycrow, all of the ship creators (Jorkin, Deadly_DA, HawkBS, Tenchin, Arachno, and anyone else I have missed), the community on the Egosoft forums, and Egosoft themselves. One day I will play a proper game of X:TC, rather than just mucking about with modding it!

Edit - added file size of the .rar file to the post

Edited by tincanrocket at 16:27:02 18-04-2013