#2006260, By greatest_fish30 Aussie Open tennis final

• greatest_fish30 29 Jan 2007 22:40:13 445 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    pistol wrote:
    greatest_fish30 wrote:
    Is anyone else sick of him (Roger that is) ruining mens tennis yet? He has just won his tenth grandslam, which he did in straight sets. Sure he is a great player but when is he going to move over and give someone else a shot at number one.

Oh and well done to Serena she did awesome to comeback from last year to win the Aussie Open.

Edited by greatest_fish30 at 20:02:00 28-01-2007

Fish30, can I ask, are you a big tennis fan/player, or just a sports fan in general?

It's just that most people I speak to that moan about certain players dominating are not usually big tennis fans. People used to say the same about Sampras dominating Wimbledon. I don't find Federer boring at all because he's such a joy to watch. Sampras used to make Wimbledon look so easy because he was so proficient. As a tennis player myself I am in awe of players like Sampras & Federer because they do things so well they make it look easy.

Sorry to dissapoint you but I am a tennis fan and I have played the sport for the last seven years and will hopefully continue playing for many more. Although I dont get to watch many matches since I dont own sky. I mainly just follow the news and tournament draws. This probably explains why I get a bit bored with Federer winning all the time since it isnt often I get to see him play a match. Oh and I obviously dont want Federer to get worse, I just want the other players to step up to his level so there is more competition.