#731622, By The_Lid iPod engraving: PC lameness...

• The_Lid 12 May 2005 15:56:07 233 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    ruttyboy wrote:
    To The_Lid

How can you advise someone that one is better without having ever used the other 0_o

And IMO manual transfering of files is just not acceptable. You didn't buy an external HDD, you bought a consumer MP3 player.

EDIT: Hang on, have you edited in a 'not' or am I just losing it? :)

Edited by ruttyboy at 15:46:50 12-05-2005

The "not" was there all the time, I added the whole paragraph at the same time. Sorry, you must be losing it :-)

You're correct, I didn't just buy an external HDD. I bought a great MP3 player, with a radio, the battery lasts twice as long as the main competition and I don't get ripped off when I need a new one, I get to chose what software I want to use (if any) and it's an external HDD.

Only thing I don't like about it is that the controls on the unit itself are crap but I tend to use the remote which is fine.

BTW, I'm trying not to get into a "mine is better than yours" arguement. There's been a few of those already I believe.

When it comes to transfering my music to the HDD it's not really that manual. I have a shortcut on my desktop that does "xcopy c:\my music\*.mp3" h:\ /d /e /c /h /r /y" so all I do is plug it in and double click on the icon.

Edited by The_Lid at 16:02:00 12-05-2005