#650496, By sheepfish What would happen if Labour won the election but............

• sheepfish 6 Mar 2005 17:24:39 1,168 posts
    Registered 12 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:
    If Labour won the election we'd have a stable economy.

Really. From my own point of view, I cannot earn enough money to buy a home. Of any sort, within 60 miles of where I currently live. In addition, I am paying back horrendous loans due to attending tertiary education. My cost of living, even ignoring housing, is spiralling ever upward. The total amount I pay in tax is slowly creeping upwards, the council tax I pay beggars belief. I am a single young citizen, i am shafted in every way by the economic policies of this government.

The economy is great, for the top 0.2% of the population, for those people who live in a world where mortgages repayments are a complete unknown. Oh, and those people who are obsessed with how 'wealthy' they are, by crowing about how much their property is worth. What they don't seem to realise is that they have to live somewhere and short of fucking off to Spain, their property 'wealth' won't sustain them through a long retirement.

So don't talk bollocks about GDP and macro-economic indicators. It's YOUR vote, what are YOUR economics like? I'm not voting Labour.