#10081843, By Segnit A husband murdered another man who allegedly had extramarital affair with his wife.

• Segnit 3 Jan 2014 20:38:23 205 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AP Link

A U.S. Border Patrol agent, Adam Garibay, was facing a pending murder charge Thursday in the shooting death of a Central Texas man who he believed was having an affair with his wife, authorities said.
    "He was able to get from her by threat the address of the man," Medina County Sheriff Randy Brown said.
    Garibay then drove about 160 miles northwest from Corpus Christi, which is along the southern Texas Gulf Coast, to a home near the town of Hondo where he fatally shot 35-year-old Keith Martin, Brown said. Martin's father and brother were at the home during the shooting, the sheriff said.
    Now the reason I'm making this thread is because I was reading some online responses to this tragic news story and I it seems like opinions on the matter tend to be very hostile on how society should apportion blame or at least view the incident.

The weird thing is that although it seems to make for a hostile discussion, at the same time there seems to be an overwhelming consensus that the the surviving adulterer should not feel guilty or responsible for what unfolded.

Keeping in mind that this is all just hypothetical for us, since, we obviously don't have much if anything to go buy, I must say that the hardline and widely adopted consensus is troubling me. Here's why...

The cheating seems to be the likely trigger for the murder. No cheating means there’d be no murder. For those doing the cheating, in their defense, they couldn't have know what type of response their actions would've lead to.

But, here's the thing, does cheating carry the elevated risk of death? Well, an answer can be given with the following expression: x% of people who cheat do trigger murder or suicide. Since x can’t be equal to 0 than it only follows that there is in fact some risk of triggering death when cheating.

Assuming x is equal to 0.001%, we can say that people who cheat are actively aware that their extra-marital affair comes at relatively high cost of an additional 0.001% chance of mortality. We know this is true because everybody has heard of or at least exposed to the idea of a rage killing due to spousal cheating.

With the above in mind and considering how inadequate the amount of information we have on the complete backstory, when speculating on this particular event, here are some logically acceptable albeit emotional or hyperbolic responses:
    - The guy that killed someone ruined three lives.
    - He'll go to prison, another guy is dead, and his wife will have to live with the fact that her infidelity ruined three lives. Nobody wins.
    - He started it.
    - The killer started it.
    - The deceased man somehow brought this on himself.

We can say that although the 5 sentiments above are not equally consistent with the few facts that we have, at the same time however there is nothing completely outrageous with any one of these views. That is unless someone approaches this from the idealistic standpoint instead of the rational one.