#9414971, By Rodney The Islam Thread.

• Rodney 4 Mar 2013 20:26:01 1,838 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    uglygamer wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    uglygamer wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    So uglygamer, do you believe men are better than women? Might I forget something so I best bring another woman with me to anything important?

This man/woman inequality really challenges me the most. You can tell the text was written by men.
    Do I believe Men are better than Women. Certainly Not.

Take a look at t finances a husband responsibility is to spend what he earns on his wife and children. While Women do not have to spend anything they earn. Its all their money and anything they spend on their family is charity.

We are created different so we have different rules, but yeah i look it at as fair.
    You see, that is out of date. Most families can't be supported by the man and the woman money is required to pay bills etc. You also never mentioned about my post where it is okay to hit your wife or it is okay to have many wives or where you can marry pre pubescent girls.
    I'm simply questioning it in todays context.
    If the family cannot be supported by the Man alone, then the Woman should help out. Thats what good families do. Remember the difference is if
    shes helping out it would be regarded as charity.

As for the beating of woman, you're probably referring to the verse

"Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand."

The Qur'an was revealed to Muhammad (peace be upon him) So he understands it better than anyone else, he is known as the walking Qur'an and he never ever hit his wives.
    Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri: "I went to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and asked him: What do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself, and do not beat them, and do not revile them. (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2139)"

It also says in the Qur'an "...Do not retain them (i.e., your wives) to harm them..."
    and "O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower [money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good. (The Noble Quran, 4:19)"

So Men have to treat their wives well, if they dont they have the right to divorce.
    It still says that women should be obedient and say both that women should be beaten if that they are beaten and also should not. It is contradictory  you could