#9357775, By Mr_Sleep Six nations rugby 2013

• Mr_Sleep 9 Feb 2013 16:15:24 17,097 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Turning the taps on now, it's actually nice to see Scotland so strong and cohesive. I do feel a little bit sorry for Italy after their famous victory last week, but they've only themselves to blame for the slightly shoddy breakdowns.
    Yes and no, Scotland's defence has been immense and I think that seems to have had a massive impact on Italy's ability to play. Scotland appear to be using a blitz defence. For me if Italy had a more inventive number 10 (or one on form) then perhaps this defence would ahve had more balls over the top which would have made a big difference.

Interesting to hear Dallaglio talking about the high number of substitutions in the modern game breaking up the flow, I think I agree with him... I wonder if it would be worth setting a couple of windows of timeouts at 55 and 65 minutes, or something... barring injury stuff, of course.
    It does, I think it's not a real surprise that they feel they have to do it really, the game is so full of injuries due to the pace and power of the game these days so attempting to protect players is not such a bad thing and completely understandable. It does tend to disrupt things but it only tends to happen when one side has taken a big lead.

You are a factory of sadness.