#9346762, By Zerobob Help me buy a smart phone handset

• Zerobob 5 Feb 2013 00:23:27 1,606 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @malloc

Make sure you definitely can't push the middle of the sim card out to reveal a micro sim; That's how my latest sim card worked. Other than that, you'll have to order a micro sim from your provider unfortunately. That's what I had to do for the remainder of my Orange contract.

Just thought I'd add I've had the Nexus 4 for a while and can confirm it's an amazing phone. It feels solid and the subtle design works well. Switching between apps is like lightning, seemingly no matter how many are open, and can handle anything you throw at it really. Been having fun with an N64 emulator :) Definitely a good choice malloc.

For people trying to decide between top end smartphones it's a tough choice; There's obviously the iPhone 5 which is the most powerful phone, has the App Store, but is fairly expensive. Then there's the Nexus 4 which has pure Android 4.2 with fast updates, a slightly faster processor and better GPU than the Galaxy S3, but then the S3 has a better camera, a more responsive and AMOLED screen which gives better blacks and bright colours, but is hard to see outdoors compared with other screen types.

Taking price into consideration though I think it'd be almost stupid not to go for the Nexus 4 at the moment for only 240/280 unlocked. Stick it on a giffgaff sim for 5-12 a month and you've got one of the most powerful phones available for relatively little money.