#9436566, By tincanrocket Sim City

• tincanrocket 13 Mar 2013 10:08:01 3,014 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @teamHAM Almost certainly. A similar analogy would be if I bought Aliens vs Predator on DVD, watched it, and discovered it was turd - I couldn't send the DVD back and it was my fault for buying a turkey in the first place, I suppose (not helped in this case by lack of pre-release reviews etc.). Anyway, I figured I would give it a try, so here's my email to Amazon customer services:

Dear Amazon

I purchased Sim City last week, and have opened and installed the software, but there are a large number of (increasingly publicised) issues with the game that render it unplayable and unfit for purpose, so I would like to return the product as defective.

Whilst I understand that you have a policy of not refunding unsealed software purchases, in the case of this game it would not have been possible to detect that the product was defective without installing it - the EA servers have been lacking connectivity and functionality since last Friday, the game is lacking in numerous advertised features, and there is increasing evidence that the developers misled their customers as to how the game worked. Amazon appear to have been aware of these issues, as I believe the software was pulled from your download service last week for precisely these reasons.

I would be grateful if you could let me know whether you would be willing to accept a return on the grounds listed above. I am, of course, happy to provide you with further information, if necessary.

I understand that Amazon are not responsible for the poor quality of this product, and this is something you should be extremely disappointed with EA about, but I know you pride yourselves in excellent customer service, so I hope that you will accept that this product should never have been offered for sale (and this is EA's fault, not yours) in the first place.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards