#9175572, By Lyserberg Next-gen backwards compatibility

• Lyserberg 23 Nov 2012 14:13:24 349 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Why people are talking about blurays and Apple devices ? O_o...
    Anyways, i see this whole backwards compatibility more of a budget drainer and a true holding back feature to be had on a console, if the PS4 or the XBOX 3 aims a perfect backwards compat features with improved graphics (Improved AA, or higher res...etc) they are definatly obliged to add virtually a "PS3 or an XBOX 360"-like components to achieve this, or at least use a stricted hardware that will hold back the console and will have the same strenghts and weaknesses of the previous hardware...
    So what i would say to you guys, don't sell your 360s, PS3s or any other console you happen to have if you're worried about this, because if eliminating backwards compat out of their plans is helping them improve the hardware, the software and the SDK involved in it, i'm totally in, screw it and make us a very flexible, very developer friendly and very capable next-gen console without worrying about this hassle-full adventure of trying to make console backwards compat, which IMO (and it's a bit the reality of things) is holding back the next-gen hardware more than anything else...

La cerise sur le gāteau!