#9116211, By PC Visual Goodness

• Deleted user 30 October 2012 13:22:02
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I'll def get Skyrim, I hope it's better than shitty Oblivion.
    /Loves Fallout 3 and NV
    Funnily enough, Skyrim has more in common with Fallout 3 than its contemporary Oblivion did. Playing Skyrim, you can definitely feel the origins of Fallout 3 in it.

It's important that you don't necessarily go into Skyrim with perceptions of it "only being a game" though. If you do that, you'll be disappointed, as it's not terribly challenging after a while. It's best experienced as a fantasy world simulator, if you like.

Another vote for Skyrim, and I'm surprised Sleeping Dogs hasn't been mentioned. I know some lads had issues getting it working properly, but looks amazing to me. Max Payne 3 is another that has a great PC version. Saint's Row 3 has some nice Direct x 11 graphics too.
    The problem with Sleeping Dogs is that, like GTA 4, it scales appallingly badly. I got around 20fps from an HD4890, and I get around 30fps from my HD7870, and my slightly aging Phenom II X4 is hardly breaking a sweat in the process.

That being said, there was a fairly marked difference in GTA 4 between the two cards.

Edited by jamyskis at 13:24:25 30-10-2012

Edited by jamyskis at 13:47:19 30-10-2012