• wobbly_Bob 28 Apr 2013 09:48:02 1,898 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Salaman - I LIVE! ( for now )

THE QUEST CONTINUES

No.24 The Brooklyn.

[img]
    http://i41.tinypic.com/1fjrt5.jpg[/img]

A burger version of the ruben. It's a half pound steak patty with Sauerkraut, pastrami, 1000 island dressing, and two slabs of cheese.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES: quite a lot of variance between this and the original version. Now, I really try hard to replicate the tastes, textures, and look as much as I can, even when I am not that fond of the ingredient, but here is the thing I really HATE rye bread. I could eat it if push come to shove but as part of a burger is so so so so so wrong. So I opted for just an ordinary bun.

The original calls for corned beef and from what I can tell the corn beef in the US is much more akin to pastrami so I opted for that.

I used cheddar instead of swiss... because I am an idiot and forgot to order it. That's not as bad as last week though when I was going to make this and I forgot the cheese... and the burger meat. Let's not talk about that!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Still a damn fucking good burger. As soon as I got my mouth around the meaty monster the juices were drenching the plate. The dressing combined with the sauerkraut make this a really juicy burger. The tangy sauerkraut works well and gives a nice bit of alternative texture. As for the rest it's cheese, meat, and sauce what more is there to say! All in all a damn tasty burger. God! I missed 'em!

Next up the Mama Mia