#8774860, By DiamondIce Games are slipping away

• DiamondIce 11 Jun 2012 10:32:20 1,185 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think I will bother getting into the 'next-gen' for a while if at all. PC gaming can bugger off as an option (I use the ****ing things all day and don't want to use one for leisure).

Publishers are pushing more-and-more ways of creaming money what with Battlefield 3's 'premium service'. I wish people would just vote with their wallets to send out a message.

In terms of DLC: The only DLC that I remember that was of any quality was GTA IV's. I stupidly bought ME2 and ME3 offering. ME2's was hit-and-miss but I did buy it in the Christmas sale at a 50% reduction. Had I paid full price I would have been a bit annoyed to say the least.

ME3's was a piss take in terms of length and quality. Never again.

I am sure a lot of my feelings towards gaming has a lot to do with getting older and becoming jaded so it is hard to know if it is more to do with me than it is the industry. Probably a bit of both I guess.

I don't seem to spend much time gaming any more due to having other things to do. Only a handful of games in recent years live in my memory and E3 didn't invoke any excitement.

For some reason the Crysis 3 demo on Gamespot angered me. They seem ever so proud of their graphics and the super-powered PC you need to run it at full blast. Who gives a toss when the gameplay is probably as dull as Crysis 2? Chasing better graphics means sod all when the gameplay is null and void.

FLOPS! RAM!