#9321021, By CaptainKid The Cave - Ron Gilbert, Double Fine and Sega

• CaptainKid 25 Jan 2013 15:04:36 140 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    @CaptainKid I don't know to be honest, but I'm still in the 'Employee Area' trying to work out how to beat the Crystal Monster and already I'm frustrated with traipsing back to pick up an item to see if *that* does anything...

I think playing it on a computer fast enough to not present a slideshow whenever I move, plus trying a controller (it that's supported) will alleviate most of my frustrations the lack of inventory presents.
    Don't worry, it get's worse.
    That area is not really a maze, it's pretty straight forward.
    Later on you don't know which way to go to get to an area (to get an item and stuff)even if you've been there before.
    I now use the switch "to other character feature" to try see the lay out of the cave, it really does need a zoom out function or map. (or free roaming camera)

I have a fairly old PC, AMD X2 240, Geforce 9600 GT, and can run the game on max settings without any issues.

I also do not really have issues using the keyboard to jump. Although the only way to jump less far is walking first and then press jump.. Bit weird. Even when you jump straight UP and then press a direction you jump very far.

Edited by CaptainKid at 15:06:50 25-01-2013

Edited by CaptainKid at 15:08:26 25-01-2013

Edited by CaptainKid at 15:19:18 25-01-2013