#8717019, By macmurphy Any money in App market for individual developers?

• macmurphy 21 May 2012 22:51:11 879 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not sure what your asking for here. You say your worst case is 'knock-offs of existing apps'.

You don't seem to have a best case. You seem genuine and very pragmatic, but it's hard to root for a guy that seems to be imagining shovelware to make a quick buck.

I don't know a lot about the logistics of the app store, but it seems if you want a new profession you should start with a little ingenuity but, more than that, a lot of passion.

I don't think phoning it in will make you happy, and it sure won't make consumers happy. Seems odd you're coming on to a forum populated by (mostly) passionate gamers and asking for tips on how to shortchange people.

Just me? As I said I admire your pragmatism, you just seem a bit mercenary. If you don't love something, why waste your time pursuing it?

I've spent my life doing stuff I don't much like, I'm not judging you in that respect. But if I was going for a career change I'd try and find something I had a passion for. Start with that and you might get somewhere.