#9459395, By hiddenranbir Crysis 3

• hiddenranbir 22 Mar 2013 13:10:30 5,744 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got this on discount.

Never have I been as disappointed with a game as quickly as Crysis 3. It is a good thing it is pretty cause man it is stupid.

So right from the off I get my cross bow and I have to stealth around to objective room, Okay, sure. I end up using my npc ally as a decoy, he is unkillable so all the AI enemy just rush and crowd around him, dying one by one as I prance across the giant room to my objective. Guns are still firing of course, until I reach the trigger point and my lovely npc ally has teleported to me, the enemy have vanished and we can all move on to the next 'set piece'.

Next part, some long fancy bridge. I take some out, they call for reinforcements, that's cool, it feels cool...but wait, they spawn extra enemies from a closed room I was JUST in and have barely moved 10m away from to see two enemy soldiers jog out of there.

For as good and 'omgrealistic' it can look, it sure goes out of its way to make me ignore all the pretty graphics are just for show and nothing else. A real bad job of 'smokes and mirrors'.