#8468380, By dadrester This is why HMV is going down the toilet. Vita bargain thread..

• dadrester 29 Feb 2012 01:33:43 2,285 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So I finally got my Vita today and I'll share my adventure with you.

Drove to ASDA to get a wifi for 197. Bought it and trapsed over to HMV in the shopping centre nearby. Immediately traded it in for 220 giving me an instant 23 profit. I Got the 3G along with a free copy of uncharted and becuase I was trading in hardware against the Vita I got another 10 off the price, which was 279.99.

So far I'd spent 197 plus 49.99 and got Uncharted, a 3G vita and about a fiver's worth of HMV reward points.

I drove home, dropped off Uncharted, stuck the vita in my backpack and headed into town, to the other HMV, where I preceded to trade in my brand spanking new 3G Vita for... another Vita. This time I got a free copy of FIFA, and becuase the trade in value was 270, plus the extra 10 off, I walked out with a Copy of FIFA, a 3G Vita, about another 5 in reward points and a gift card for 1p.

I actually traded FIFA in at Granger games straight away against a 16GB memory stick which cost me another 15, mainly because I'd just spent 5 on topping up the Vodafone sim to redeem my free copy of Wipeout.

So all in all, today, for a grand total of 266.98 I got a 3G Vita, Uncharted, Wipeout, a 16gb memory stick, 250meg of Vodafone data, and about 10 of store credit at HMV.

If I feel like a proper chancer and they've not updated the trade in prices I might go swap the Vita again and net FIFA and another fiver of reward points.

... and HMV wonder why they're struggling.