Hi guys, I've just released the first free update for Duck Up! which is out now on the App Store.|
The update is Easter themed and features a new character in the form of Billy the Bunny as he collects the Easter Bunny's lost Easter Eggs. It's only a small update, but fixes a lot of the bugs and adds a bit of polish along with 9 new levels.
I've also put in things based on the feedback you've provided:
• Added a mute button to the first screen as requested. The mute options for sfx and music are still available in the Settings menu, but this is a master override.
• Added a 'Go!' notification for when you've collected all the ducklings / eggs so you know when to leg it to the finish. It even points at the flag!
• Improved the collision detection of the flag so that the duck / bunny can now hit pretty much any part of it, regardless of whether they are in the air or on the ground.
• Added some new gameplay mechanics in the bunny levels in the form of springs and spikes (flipping hedgehogs...). More are on their way.
Some other features and fixes:
• Added particle trail so player knows when character is at top speed.
• Added skip button to level intros if you’ve already seen them.
• Added a ‘Total Stars’ count to the main menu.
• Improved various front end menus and level screens, both visually and functionally.
• Made it so the game remembers the player's fastest time and not just their best medal. This is in preparation for leaderboard support.
As before, I'd love feedback and if you can share the app with friends. It would be awesome if you could give the Facebook page a 'Like' too, even if you don't have the app.
Duck Up! is out now on the iPhone and iPod App Store