#9076254, By Petrarch XCOM: enemy unknown (no not that one, not that one either)

• Petrarch 12 Oct 2012 13:55:40 3,437 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Archronos wrote:
    I think I've missed something in the tutorial - in regards to satellites, how do you actually launch more? I had one when I started and got given another one for free that I launched over the US, putting me to 2/2. So I built a Satellite Uplink adjacent to my first with the plan to extend my global coverage and this put me to 2/5 but I don't know how to launch those 3 additional satellites that I have the capacity for. Do I get the ability to make them later on?
    The uplinks control the satellites, but your engineering crews have to construct the actual satellite for deployment, they don't come free with the uplink.

It's a pity you don't get a free one with each nexus/uplink as that would be damn handy.

Started a new game, Cpl. Dwayne Hicks takes point and is followed by an all British team consisting of Ryder, Wilson and McTaggart, all in Master Chief green. I have to concede that I've dropped to easy mode however - it's been such a long time since I last played XCOM or anything like it that I think I need to get my bearings again before going higher.

Edited by Petrarch at 13:57:48 12-10-2012