#9682541, By Pinky_Floyd The Last of Us

• Pinky_Floyd 26 Jun 2013 22:43:15 8,033 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    WARNING - POST CONTAINS SPOILERS, IF NOT AT LEAST 61% THROUGH THE GAME DO NOT READ THE SPOILER SECTIONS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Nightly update:

Really loving it now, the first 4-5 hours where I felt the game a little disjointed in its use of stealth set pieces is all but a distant memory. The timer on the clock says 10 hours 8 minutes, and I've just started a section called Fall.

Game percentage says 61%, do I really have 39% left to play? Hope so :)

When I got seperated from Henry and Ellie I did my usual and fluffed the stealth and all hell broke loose. I was crunching heads and shivving necks left right and centre. I almost had to have a lie down afterwards as I was pretty close to death and the enemies just kept coming. I couldn't get my 'shorty' reloaded fast enough and that almost cost me my life too. Such a memorable scrap.

Then you know what happened with Sam and Henry, and I was totally gripped. There was a shiny glint in my eye which my wife saw and she had a giggle at me which kinda spoiled the moment a little, but does go to show the power that the game has on you by this point and the quality of the acting and storyline.

As always, it's late, baby isn't in bed yet and I'm up early tomorrow for a production release so that's me done for tonight. It's kinda cool, because I think about it then come back to it fresh the next evening and it's not being rushed. As I'm so rubbish at stealth, all enemies are usually dead in an area which gives me lots of opportunity to explore, so that's what I do.

PS In a house in the area with the sniper, upstairs there is a trap door to an attic with a string hanging down. I almost missed it. If you pull it, Ellie jumps up and has a look around and hands you an upgrade book. Anyone else find that one? Brilliant little hidden item moment :)

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 22:44:49 26-06-2013