#9497655, By speedofthepuma RIP Margaret Thatcher

• speedofthepuma 10 Apr 2013 23:05:56 13,278 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:
    As I've mentioned in this thread already, Thatcher represented a prevalent view of a lot of people at the time. She embodied the aspirations that developed for of a lot of people throughout the 70s, and beyond. It's not a matter of Thatcher's children, as the children of those who elected Thatcher to power. She won 3 general elections, ffs, not staged a military coup and forced her values down people's necks.
    Yes, we've all read your so called expert knowledge on the matter.

You seem to think it's quiet laughable that her actions didn't have an effect on 'society', well I'm here to tell you quite the opposite.

It took 30 years but the capatalistic, 'every one for themselves' culture she bred has resulted in a very different (and not for the better) community from the days when she was in power.
    The is just an awful lot wrong with that post. It's hard to know where to start, but I'll go with pointing out that he never called himself an expert, and the fact you seem to be saying the opposite of what you mean with "You seem to think it's quiet laughable that her actions didn't have an effect on 'society',"..

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.