#8134817, By Der_tolle_Emil New layout, OK but...

• Der_tolle_Emil 1 Nov 2011 10:41:16 7,299 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am not entirely sure what to think of the popular section either. I find it already confusing enough that the layout changes even without new content (when images are added after an article has been posted) and when they start to move around the page at random as well it's even worse.

I like to come back to the site to check comment threads I am actively posting in and in the last hour the article I was looking for has been in three different locations on the page without anything else being posted.

Personally I prefer consistency - I like to know where things are, even if it takes two more clicks to get there. It's the randomness that is so irritating; There is absolutely no way to know what other people click on and thus appears to be popular - in fact I would not be surprised if this 'popular' section will ultimately suffer the same problem like similar things on other pages - once popuplar articles stay there forever because people click on them just because they are on top of the page.