#9244276, By coastal Fifa/EA Servers Leaving XBLA/PSN Accounts Open To Hacking

• coastal 22 Dec 2012 12:11:56 5,383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've had my origin account snapped up by someone else. Apparently you can change your account email address without any email verification. Real clever.

So here's the helpful chat support I received;

Deepak:
    Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Deepak how may I help you?
    you:
    Hi Deepak, my account has been compromised and i've received notification that the account email and password has been altered.
    Deepak:
    Hello there.
    Deepak:
    I am sorry to hear that your account has bee hacked. Hacking is indeed a great menace to the gaming community. Let's see what can be done in this case.
    Deepak:
    May I please have any game key which is associated with your EA account so that I can locate your account in our database?
    you:
    XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    you:
    that was for Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam
    Deepak:
    Oky.
    Deepak:
    Okay.
    Deepak:
    In meanwhile, may I know your first and last name to update our database please?
    you:
    Mr Coastal
    Deepak:
    Thank you Coastal.
    Deepak:
    Would you mind holding for a minute or two while I retrieve your account in our database?
    you:
    ok
    Deepak:
    Thank you for waiting. I appreciate your patience.
    Deepak:
    Can you please verify your FIFA 13 Ultimate team details with the followings:
    Deepak:
    Club name
    Deepak:
    Number of players
    Deepak:
    Number of rare players
    Deepak:
    Number of staff
    you:
    I don't have FIFA 13
    you:
    when was that purchased?
    Deepak:
    Your FUT13 account is linked with your Xbox.
    you:
    I've got a xbox 360 (user id XXXX i think) but i haven't switched it on for at least a year
    Deepak:
    Since your FUT is linked with your gamer tag, the data needs to be verified in order to account ownership as system is asking for this.
    you:
    I have never purchased FUT. I don't use my xbox. Didn't my BF2 Vietnam key provide verification?
    you:
    Here's another Burnout paradise Order date XX/XX/XXXX Key: XXXX
    you:
    Order ID: XXXXX Product ID: XXXX Product Name: Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Release Date: XX/XX/XXXX Digital Rights: XXXXX
    Deepak:
    I am sorry that game key doesn't not come under account ownership verification. I can do one thing for you, in case you're able to other account details I can escalate this case for you to our security team.
    There may be a problem communicating with Deepak. Please wait while your chat is transferred to another EA Expert.
    You are now ready to chat with Deepak.
    you:
    I don't understand. I've provided several keys (as prescribed in the EA help). You haven't even asked for my original email address or date of birth.
    you:
    I've followed https://help.ea.com/uk/article/i-think-somebody-hacked-my-origin-account-what-can-i-do-now
    There may be a problem communicating with Deepak. Please wait while your chat is transferred to another EA Expert.
    Deepak:
    I am sorry for any interruption in chat.
    Deepak:
    I am right here with you.
    you:
    Will i be able to speak to the security team directly? I would like to resolve this today. My account has been compromised and i'm concerned that whoever's taken my account is making purchases (such as FUT13).
    you:
    Hi Deepak
    Deepak:
    Unfortunately, there is only way to contact them through us. Our security team work from backend and take quite some time to be resolved.
    you:
    And the only way for me to verify the account is to name some FUT13 details as requested?
    Deepak:
    Once you're able to verify FUT13 details then system can allow us to proceed further in this case.
    you:
    Can you tell when FUT13 was purchased? As i've said before I've never made the purchase on my account.
    you:
    I didn't even know my xbox gamertag was linked to my origin account. I only use my PC.
    Deepak:
    Unfortunately, no account information can be revealed from our side due to security reason. Nevertheless, in case you cooperate in verifying other account details I can escalate this case to security team for further investigation.
    you:
    I think am cooperating. I've told you what i know about FUT13. I have not purchased this game. I've never heard of this game until now. Please escalate to the security team then.
    Deepak:
    Thank you for your cooperation mate.
    Deepak:
    Please verify your security question answer available on your account:
    Deepak:
    What city were you born in?
    you:
    XXXXX
    Deepak:
    What is your last email account which was registered with your account?
    you:
    XXXX@XXXXX
    you:
    it may have been XXXXX@XXXXX - i think i had that registered with EA a long long time ago
    Deepak:
    Would you mind holding for a minute or two while I escalate this case to our security team?
    you:
    thanks
    Deepak:
    Thank you for waiting. I appreciate your patience.
    Deepak:
    I have escalate your case to our expert team and they will respond your through email.
    Deepak:
    Please note the case numberXXXXX for future references.
    Deepak:
    Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    you:
    they'll send an email to XXXX@XXXXX?
    Deepak:
    Probably, they will send your email on the same email account with which you have contacted us now.
    you:
    sorry - that's confusing. I'm reporting that the account has been comprised and the email has been changed - to what I don't know. If they're going to send an email to the new email address then i won't receive it. Can you confirm they'll send it to XXXX@XXXX?
    Deepak:
    Do you want your response on this email "XXXX@XXXX?
    you:
    yes please.
    Deepak:
    Thanks.
    Deepak:
    I have updated your email account on your case.
    you:
    Good, i'll look forward to the email.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe