#8172994, By alasdairm XBox 360 Dashboard Update November 2011

• alasdairm 15 Nov 2011 02:10:58 184 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not convinced about the new design at the moment

Any ideas what the "companion devices" option is for in the settings?

It's not clear whether the panes are a direct link to something or link to a sub-menu

Very messy in trying to find latest games, Indies, DLC, themes, gamer pictures - involves multiple presses of A, LB and scrolling to right pane (before this was all quite easy to see from the games marketplace tab)

Whats with all the Rock Band 3 DLC - i'd guess about 80 of the 100 DLC slots are RBN full & demo songs, new DLC is disappearing in a day or two

Doesn't seem to be updating for new videos - was there a new episode of Sent U a Message / Nexus & IGN Strategise this weekend? Not obvious that there is a sub-menu on the "Inside XBox" pane that takes you to the videos selections

Where have all the your friends avatar backgrounds gone - no difference between premium themes and basic ones now, as far as I can see

With previous dash updates at least I could see the benefits & advantages of what was being done, this new one is a step backward and not intuitive to use (can we get rid of the Bing jellyfish picture, logging on with a US account there is a much better pic)