#9529711, By Ron_Justice Next generation of consoles come in

• Ron_Justice 25 Apr 2013 17:24:11 2,300 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Price. Microsoft will initially offer two pricing models for the console, offering a standalone version for $499 and then a $299 version that requires a two-year Xbox LIVE Gold commitment at an expected price of $10 per month.
    OK....

So in 2005 a 360 cost $399 at launch. Taking inflation into account that comes out at $475 today. $499's, not a million miles away. But does that include a Gold Sub as the $299 + $240 obviously does?

If Sony adopt the same strategy, we could be looking at a $750 price tag. based on the $599 launch price, inflation and a slight rounding up. 2 words. Fuck That.

I don't for one second think they will though. But that raises other questions. If we take the widely expected view that the PS4 will retail somewhere between $449 and $499 and work backwards from there, taking inflation etc. into account, then in order for MS to be seen to have made the same scale of price cut, the 720 should be retailing at $250ish.

Obviously, this is all meaningless bullshit and mostly I did it just out of curiosity, but it does produce some interesting* figures.

*I should probably have kept all this to myself...

Steam/Origin - Ron_Justice
    PSN - hyper_808