#9394354, By matrim83 Next generation of consoles come in

• matrim83 24 Feb 2013 17:59:40 5,587 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    MS also provided new IPs. When it suited them. It's very easy to forget when there's new sequels every year, but MS have a clear policy: new console, get big IPs/new IPs, hook the base, sequels, next console etc...
    This is IMO part of the problem and why I would be a little wary of getting an Xbox next gen.

They had a bunch of good games early on in the Xbox's life but kinda abandoned them over the last few years.

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Halo. Its the only game that can sell me a console on its own. But MS need to do more than they have been doing the last few years. Abandoning all first party games to focus only on Halo/Gears/Forza and Kinect games has earned them a (fairly well deserved) bad rep.

spudsbuckley wrote:
    Not sure why people get so hung up on new IPs from either MS or Sony.

They'll just be slightly different skins for "Shooting Mans 2014", "Driving Mans 2014" and "Jumping Mans 2014" anyway.

The industry needs fresh ideas not new universes for the settings of the exact same games as this gen with shinier graphics. The Sony conference did nothing to relieve my ennui with gaming as a whole.
    Then you are looking in the wrong place. There are PLENTY of fresh interesting ideas in the PC Indie/XBLA/PSN side of things. Not many publishers want to take risks with 20 million dollar games so be prepared for more "Shooting man" etc games.

Edited by matrim83 at 18:01:35 24-02-2013

Valar morghulis.