#9352838, By BritishBlue1 Next generation of consoles come in

• BritishBlue1 7 Feb 2013 14:20:06 132 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    "I should point out that when Steam first came about, everyone (me included) was saying that the price of games would drop due to packaging and shipping physical copies of games not being an issue. Did the price drop? Nope."

@Dirtbox

I know, incredible how many people think this way, it's naive.

Gaming companies and publishers are there for profit, it is what keeps them healthy and in business. They will charge what people are willing to tolerate and it seems the majority of gamers, not the ones who frequent this site, are willing to take a fisting right up the arse hole. You can see it going on with PSN right now with EA and Acti charging 60 for DS3 & BLOPS2.
    Better yet, the price doesn't tumble as rapidly as it does in retail, take a look at the older games on PSN, some of them are still being offered for comedy prices: you can get Modern Warfare 1 & 2 for 20 each, a whole 50% off!! Woooooow! MW3 is a snip at 58, a whole 2 pounds off? Acti...you shouldn't have! FIFA 12 is 60, who wouldn't pay those prices? Battlefield 3, which has been released for over 14 (FOURTEEN!) months is still sitting pretty at that magical 50 point. Honestly, those lovable rogues are fucking spoiling us!
    Even the older titles such as Read Dead: Redemption, Resident Evil 4, Far Cry 2 and Spec Op: The Line are depreciating at a glacial pace. Why? Because digital distribution enables them to do it.

I can't wait till next gen to see what Activision, EA, Ubisoft and all the others have in store for us. I've already put in my order for a gimp mask.

Edited by BritishBlue1 at 14:22:16 07-02-2013