#9351282, By kentmonkey Next generation of consoles come in

• kentmonkey 6 Feb 2013 20:30:18 20,455 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well yes and no. I save up for those. I know that sounds anal but when income is tight you do things like that. I put 10 away each month to buy new consoles with (not all of them, I don't have a Wii U or any handheld for example) and camera equipment. It tends not to get touched for 18-24 months and then a large splash of cash happens on hardware I want/need.

To be honest, with the huge back catalogue of games now available, from retro (SNES/Megadrive and further back) to even current consoles where there are huge amounts of games I'd like to play, as a decision it doesn't overly bother me. I'll just enjoy the classics I've either forgotten enough to replay as fresh games or that I missed the first time around.

I'm not going to get all upset if this is the way the market decides to go, but I just won't be part of it. I'm fine with that though, there are other ways to enjoy games such as the retro scene.

I do think this will lead to an unhealthy amount of chipping consoles and pirating games though. It's already quite high but I think this will push those currently on the fence about doing it, that can't easily walk away from the latest console scene, to do so.