#9313958, By Widge Next generation of consoles come in

• Widge Moderator 23 Jan 2013 09:23:00 13,663 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    There will be a huge influx of people looking to build a cheap steam box because it'll make no sense whatsoever to buy their hardware.
    Or for around the same price itself!

There are other factors too: based on the Sony performance on PS3 and Vita, I'm not too confident of their ability to play their back catalogue on day 1. Half expecting something ridiculous, akin to Vita, where they gradually feed you the games you have bought in the past over the course of a year. Which is bobbins.

For all the moments where I have to whip the KB&M out or quirky instances requiring intervention, the fact that I plugged in my little box and had my entire catalogue sitting there, will all the "next gen" shinies I wanted enabled, was a massive sell.

The increasing joypad support, great value games, exclusives and back catalogue meant that the PC was the way to go for me. In some years, it'll be the PS4, to mop up the Sony exclusives, and probably never the Microsoft box because, based on their last three years of E3, everything that I have on PC and PS4 will cover about 98% of the desirable gaming catalogue, plus without the need to pay any subscription fee.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com