#8919596, By Salaman Breaking Bad (US Pace)

• Salaman 8 Aug 2012 10:45:13 18,265 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    After watching episode 4, I went back to watch the start of the first episode: Walt at Denny's on his 52nd birthday.

As I watched it the first time, I wasn't sure what was going on and I was busy trying to figure out what was going on.

So Skyler told Walt that she doesn't have a plan and the best she can do is wait until the cancer comes back to rid herself of Walt and the danger he presents to his entire family.
    The way Walt responded to her labelling him as a threat to his family, was a bit freaky. He tackled Skyler as he would tackle anyone else who opposed him (Tuco, Jess' girlfriend, Gus,...) as a problem that he'll need to deal with and make a plan for.

So should Walt eventually go after Skyler to "eliminate the threat to his family" (well his kids then) by using his ricin stash on her, wouldn't it be a bitch if the cancer then came back leaving his kids orphaned?

Back to episode 1. Walt is at the dinner, he goes into the toilets for his "business deal", the guy exits. He stands at the mirror. He coughs. That season 1 cough. That "I have cancer" cough.
    He takes some prescription pills. The season 1 pills. The "I have cancer and need to take these pills" pills.

Not sure if Skyler is around at his 52nd but the cancer does seem to be back.

I'm a little bit worried about the overall timeline as well.
    I hope the 52 is just based on the birthday on his fake ID from New Hampshire, not his actual 52nd birthday. Season 1 -> 4 spanned 1 year. He's just had his 51st birthday now.
    If that's the case, the next 4 episodes of this season won't suddenly leap forward another whole year won't they? So it's more likely the scene from episode 1 ties will tie in to the overall finale at epsiode 16 in 2013, rather than this season's finale at epside 8 this year.
    Booo! That's going to be a long wait.
    :-(