#7768613, By MrVengeance Dreamcast's DC-X region free disc....

• MrVengeance 10 Aug 2011 22:24:13 135 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Beetroot_Bertie wrote:
    Bit late to the party here but just wanted to confirm that DC-X definitely works with these Japanese imports: Ikaruga, Psyvariar 2, Zero Gunner 2, Under Defeat, Border Down, Radirgy, Chaos Field, Trizeal & Guilty Gear X.

I don't know if it helps but there were some discs that got given away with Dreamcast Magazine at the time that have a sample amount of Xploder DC cheats on them. I believe booting a game via them also works - tested with Ikaruga anyway. If you have one of them laying it round, you might be able use that.

Unfortunately I don't have any of those particular discs, but have ordered my DC-X last night. I'm hoping it will work okay with those games you mention, if not I will end up importing a DC and will sell it on. Those titles are all on my shopping list too!

Obiwanshinobi wrote:
    You'd better have an arcade stick for Psyvariar 2 on either DC or the first Xbox as only the PS2 version (pretty good port) sports a roll button. Check out Gun/Cannon Spike by Psikyo. Also, in Gunbird 2 for the DC Morrigan is an exclusive playable character.

I've heard of Cannon Spike before, but didn't know much about it. I just looked at it on YouTube and its looks right up my street! Can't believe Psikyo made a 3D actioner... (though you can see shmup elements from a two second look at it in action. I'll add it to my ever growing list of DC wants anyway, cheers.

I've quite a lot to get for the DC now over the next six months. Glad I'm now getting stuff for it again as its a superb system. I've been busy buying DS RPGs for the last while and can't seem to get through them. More action / arcade games are far easier to get into and to beat, so the DC is an ideal system for me to continue collecting for at this moment in time.