#9109681, By Vice.Destroyer Windows 8

• Vice.Destroyer 27 Oct 2012 16:45:37 5,886 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fuck Windows 8. Tried to install it yesterday. The installer checked 200+ programs for compatibility. Found that all my Intel devices had to be uninstalled before it would install Windows 8. Things like my Bluetooth radio. And the wifi device. And Ethernet port.

Uninstalled the latter two, no problem. Then find out that the Intel Proset wireless doodah is uninstallable. My googling (on phone) suggests that I need to download a utility to remove the uninstallable piece of kit to allow installation of Windows 8. Good thing I don't need my Intel devices to connect to the Internet.

Oh. Fucking Wait!

Anyways, managed to get the utility downloaded. Installed. Uninstalled the Intel Proset Wireless doodah. Installed Windows 8. It went to 100%. But after the restart, an error message tells me that the upgrade failed and that it had to revert back to Windows 7. No error message of any kind to tell me where the error is. No error report to work with. Nothing. Just, it's fucked.

I know this is vague, but has anyone got any idea what I can do to install Windows 8?