#7483986, By teh_MBK Games I don't get and ones I secretly love.

• teh_MBK 20 May 2011 15:35:03 197 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lawrens wrote:
    I'm kind of surprised how many sequels you guys play from series you don't "get" =P

Well, in my defence, I played HALO 2 on a friend's 360, so checked out HALO 1 on PC to see if the platform made a difference (what with my being a PC gamer).

As for Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2, the same 360 toting friend convinced me it was better and I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to play at the time. No way I'm buying the third. Hell, judging by how Dragon Age 2 turned out I don't think I'll be buying a Bioware game for a while.

Raiftel wrote:
    The Witcher 1 and 2 (so far) are both very good games, but I'll never understand the seemingly endless adulation for either game as RPG of the generation. In terms of mechanics I preferred the combat systems in both Oblivion and Dragon Age and in terms of narrative I think games like Alpha Protocol did a lot more interesting, branching, stuff with its story than the Witcher 1.

For me, the best part has been the banquet thing at the New Naraquat (or whatever the inn is called), I found the long conversation section a great RPG experience thought it was a great way to tell the story and really drew me back into the game after I had left it for around a month (only so much running around for ingredient grinding for side quests I can take). I also like the storyline stuff, though I haven't played alpha protocol for the comparison (did just get a free copy from dixons' new digital site though :o) ).