#8077607, By DreadedWalrus Pro Evolution Soccer 2012

• DreadedWalrus 16 Oct 2011 20:05:46 304 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm liking it a lot. First non-Wii Pro Evo since the PS2 for me, and one thing I'm loving over the last few years of FIFA is how the short passing game works. A lot of games in real life feature a lot of short passes in a small area of the pitch and off the ball movement to allow this, and this would never happen or work for me in FIFA. You had to play direct or it was pointless. The Barcelona/Spain style just didn't work.

But in this I'm giving Football Life a go as an attacking midfielder. I started out with Norwich, playing a 4-4-2 Diamond midfield with a Quick Counter strategy, and I liked how I could get the ball, and pass it up to Holt would drop back to receive the pass like a target man, and then either play the ball through to the other striker, or lay it off to me for either a long shot attempt or for me to play a through pass to him as he made a run off his marker.

In January I moved to Zaragoza for the money, and they played a 4-5-1 with two defensive midfielders, two withdrawn wide midfielders, and then me in attacking midfield behind Hélder Postiga. The tactics were long ball, and I was dreading playing in this style to be honest, but again it works well, with me and Postiga linking up well. I'm averaging almost a goal a game, and an assist every two games.

Probably the one problem I've had (beyond the too-predictable stumbling when running shoulder to shoulder with a defender) is with the rating system. I can score two goals, complete ~90% of 30 passes and get a rating of 6.0, and other games get a single assist, complete 6 out of 11 passes and get 7.0. I once got a hat-trick and got a rating of 7.0, and the only time I've ever got more than 7.5 was my debut for Zaragoza, where I was brought off the bench and scored two goals. In short, I have no idea what they judge you on, but I suspect that as an attacking midfielder, even in a 4-5-1, assists are being valued much greater than goals.