#9130314, By khaz Borderlands 2

• khaz 5 Nov 2012 17:59:56 2,824 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    megalomaniacs4u wrote:
    I'd say Borderlands 2 was a better all round experience so far than the original if it weren't for the dire loot and the utter BS that is the endlessly spawning loaders & surveyors. Two things that ruin a much slicker & better polished game...
    Really? I find Loaders to be the easiest of the enemies. Corrosive weapons are so strong in BL2, they're essentially candles in the wind against them.

Rabid stalkers, pyre threshers (Especially the instagib super badass ones) and badass (And above) buzzards can fuck right off though. God they piss me off. Rabid skags too!

On the loot issues, ecureuil is right. Borderlands 2 should have been up there with Titan Quest: IT, Torchlight 2, Diablo 2 in terms of loot reward but it simply isn't. Its just shit. There's been a huge resurgence on the PC for loot fests - Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile - and Borderlands 2 should have been part of this. But its not, its just shit in terms of loot.

Over three characters and with no significant loot grinding I have had not one orange weapon, relic or grenade mod. All i've managed is the Bee, the slayer of terramorphous mod (The only guaranteed orange drop?) and the firehawk shield which I got at lvl13 on Axton. And err...that's it. Yes, I have very good gear on my lvl50 Siren (All purples and 1 blue weapons) but that doesn't excuse the shit legendary loot percentages.

If its not dropping for non grinders and grinders alike then something is clearly wrong. I do however value damage over rarity on my guns though but until I see orange weapons I don't know what i'm missing. I really really want the Skullmasher sniper but i'll be fucked if i'm going to run through the wildlife preserve for a 0.05% chance to get it and then watch it clip through the ground.

I love and hate this game in equal measure.