#7314733, By EddieBear European adventure

• EddieBear 4 Apr 2011 15:35:44 560 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I did a months worth of interailing last September, was absolutely superb, one of the best things I've ever done.

From the list of cities you'd put up I'd say 2 days in Bremen would do you. There's not much there. If you're doing Berlin and Prague you can stop off at Dresden for a night on the way. Interesting place to stay for a night. Would also suggest spending less time in Prague. I wasn't a huge fan of the place. Overrun with tourists and not that much to do though admittedly it is very pretty.

In Vienna make sure you take some day trips to Melk and Krems-au-Donnau (sp?) 2 beautiful towns on the banks of the Danube (wine country too!). You can hire a bike here and go cycling if that's your cup of tea. If the weather's good its fantastic.

Would definitely recommend Poland. Not least because its cheap (hostels for 7 a night). I did Poznan and Wroclaw (pronounced vrots-waaf). They're two very different places but well worth visiting, especially Wroclaw which was stunningly pretty.

Link below to the rough route I took. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=212106595510212417419.00047a0ce65f81989534e&t=h&z=5