#9816464, By QotSAfan The all-new Premier League thread

• QotSAfan 2 Sep 2013 23:28:28 1,756 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    f311 wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    He's not really a 'midfielder' though. He's an attacking player, just not a striker.

He's not a CM, he's going to get and create goals. We were obviously certain we could get Ba, otherwise we'd have had someone else lined up.

It's not ideal - we really could have done with another Striker and a CD (I'm seriously concerned about CD considering that neither Verm or Kos are particularly injury-reliable), but he's in a different class to Suarez (in terms of ability and human being) and is one of the world's best. You don't turn down a chance to buy one of the best players in the world regardless of how strong you might be in that area.

He'll get injured playing for Germany this week and be out for the season, but for five days we were elated! :o)
    Different class than Suarez, please give me some of what you're smoking!

I just think blowing 45 million on a player where you're already quite strong, and quite lacking in other areas doesnt really signal a turning point for the club, just seems from the outside its wenger saying LOOK WE HAVE SOMEONE REALLY GOOD! PRAISE ME
    Ozil is a step above Suarez though, very much so. Not as selfish, even more effective with his movement and more accurate in front of goal. Suarez is very good but he is definitely not in the same league.

We are not really lacking other areas bar striker. Most fans are happy with our keeper and, Sagna and Flamini can cover the defence.