#9585492, By Shikasama The all-new Premier League thread

• Shikasama 21 May 2013 14:43:42 6,962 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    Yeah it's fucking weird that people equate success in sporting competitions in terms of winning said competitions.

I've never understood it either...how winning something is supposed to be better than scraping fourth place or not progressing past a quarter final or summat.

It's why I always maintained that Gravesend where the big winners in this season.
    You're pretty dense sometimes aren't.

Who is arguing that winning success isn't winning something? Or are you just arguing with yourself?

I bet in your world teams like Swansea shouldn't even bother turning up for the Europa. After all, they have a very slim chance of winning it, ergo there would be no joy at all from either than fans or the players in travelling to Europe and facing other teams they haven't faced before.

Nope. So sir,, none whatsoever. They should just give their spot up for someone else who has a good chance. :rolleyes:
    Good point, I'm now convinced that fourth place for Arsenal is an amazing achievement that will be forever forged in iron and burned into the very rock upon which we walk.

I just wish I was old enough to remember the real halcyon days of Arsenal finishing third, one point above Tottenham. Then I suppose the memory of this fourth place triumph might be tarnished so its swings and roundabouts really.

So go forth bodybuilder, celebrate your fourth place and toast to the gods that this progression was made possible in the face of insurmountable odds. Revel in it, enjoy it, celebrate it because nothing can compare to the unbridled joy of knowing you're definitely not the best, but also not the worst out of a group of teams. Keep comparing yourself to Swansea and you shall once again be heralded as the big club you deserve to be.