#9368095, By The-Bodybuilder The all-new Premier League thread

• The-Bodybuilder 14 Feb 2013 08:42:00 13,608 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    @The-Bodybuilder

How often are they going to fill 60,000, or even half that for Athletics meets? The 20,000 purpose built athletics arena at the traditional historical home of British athletics was a great idea, but was never given the due thought it deserved. Maybe they'll make it work, but I have very little actual faith they will.
    It wasn't given tought becuase of the promise made, and also because Crystal Palace stadium doesn't have the transport link that the Olympic Park has/will have on top.

The stadium will be reduced to about 40k, and sure neither athletics or WHU will fill it up. But there will be shows held there too.

I recently attended a meeting where they showed the full plan to the entire park. I think the biggest issue is people talk of the stadium as if it's not part of the entire park. What they plan to to do the park, area and East London, not just for the stadiu,, but for everything there (business, homes, etc.), spending another extra amount of years rebuilding the stadium would've set the entire project further back.

Edit: I think if Spurs were willing to take the stadium as it was/will be, there would be no problem at all, and they would've been the best option.

It's that damn track.
    They really should've designed the stadium with that problem in mind. Ho Hum.

Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 08:46:21 14-02-2013