#9414746, By 4gate Warhammer 40K (with the models and everything)

• 4gate 4 Mar 2013 19:03:13 362 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RabidChild wrote:
    Also, thanks for the advice. Your marines look good, actually - maybe I shouldn't worry about fancy blending and that?

Hmm, can you not edit a post that is a reply?
    On here, they probably have to change a flywheel or something. White Heldrake, brave, can't wait to see it :)

Stickman, I don't know yet, I was casting around for ages for a GW alternative - looked mainly at Flames of War and

Infinity - 28mm sci-fi squad level
    Hordes of War/Warmachine - hard to describe have a look
    Bolt Action - 28mm WWII

Settled on FOW as 15mm is closer to the size I was after, having loved Epic. Bought the rulebook and Open Fire starter box set. I think it's very cool, get's some grief from some quarters for over simplicity / Hollywood rules, but I'm not after an uber-realistic rule set as such, just some cool minis. Open Fire is 41 on Amazon, full rulebooks, 2 armies, loads of other stuff, you don't need the separate rulebook atall but I got it anyway, I like rulebooks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flames-FWBX03-Open-Fire-Starter/dp/B009L7QZS4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362423643&sr=8-1

I also got a softback campaign book, 'Nuts', about Bastogne unsurprisingly, you can do Easy Company :) There are loads of model manufactuers, no-one has worked out how to copyright WWII yet.